Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A BEAUTIFUL CARD

As I go through my cards data-basing them I like to pause and enjoy a beautiful card.  There have been many many very bad designs in my opinion!  To much going on with the card that distracts you from the player himself.  I've noticed this with all of the different sports, however from time to time I feel they do it right!  I have felt that way about the Baseball 2011 Topps.  The pictures are very clear, the colors really pop, and I feel the name and team logo placement were done just right.


I had been thinking that this was the best set that I had seen until I was going through my cards and came across the 2001 Topps set.  The cards are beautifully made with a dark rich border inlaid with the typical goldish foil.  The pictures are just as crisp and clear as the 2011 set.  Sadly my set is damaged due to water and I don't think the whole set can be saved but after looking at the cards that weren't damaged I am starting to feel that I might try to build this set again.  Only time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment