Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

THE FIND

I'm sure we have all dreamed of finding that secret stash of cards somewhere and from time to time we read about someone else who did experience finding something that had been forgotten.  Well in a way I have gotten the opportunity to experience the find!  My father had stopped by a self-storage property that was auctioning off their units that had been neglected.  My father found a unit that had a couple of large plastic totes in it and decided that he would bid $20.00.  Of course nobody else bid on the unit and my dad won.  He opened the first tote and found a few pots and pans but nothing more.  Then he opened the other and there was roughly around 50 thousand sports cards.  I am currently organizing them and data-basing them.  I wish I could say there was a rookie Mickey Mantle in there but we weren't that lucky.  The oldest cards are only dating to the early 70's however there are many complete sets as well as other sets that are close to being complete.  I'm starting to think that there are cards from all sports in this find as well.  I wasn't with my father that day he found this and it's probably a good thing.  I'm sure I would have passed out but it reminds me that there are finds out there if we are lucky enough.  I hope I get to experience the find one day myself and if you have had this happen to you then post it, I would love to read your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment